All advertisement are full color and all rates shown here are net.
(you supply printed pieces) A two-page insert $1,800 and a four-page Insert: $3,000. Other Sizes: Please contact Advertising Department at 1-202-536-4555 or [email protected] Additional charges may apply.
(per ad, per insertion) If you want your ad to be placed on a right hand page or placed near the front of the magazine, a 20% fee of the 1-time net rate is added to placement costs.
Print material deadlines:
Press-ready PDFs or TIFFs are due 45 days prior to publication month. Editors reserve the right to change issue and/or adjust publications dates.
Editors reserve the right to change issue and/or publication dates.
Non-profit organizations and donors to Inside the Vatican Magazine may take a 20% discount.
We would be glad to help create your ad. Our talented designers will design your ad for an additional fee. Please allow 3 weeks for the ad design process.
Changes, updates or corrections to supplied or to existing ads will incur a $50 fee. Cancellation fees may be applied. See the ad agreement for more details.
Payment: is due before your first ad run.
Make checks payable to: Urbi et Orbi Communications
Placement Request: (per ad) If you want your ad to be placed on a right hand page or placed near the front of the magazine, a 20% fee of the 1-time net rate is added to placement costs. If you want BOTH up-front and page right placement, a 30% fee of the 1-time rate is added.
SPECIAL Advertising Display Options are available. Due to many variables, each request must be received before a cost can be assessed.
FILE PREPARATION PRINT
All ads must be submitted as press-ready PDF/X-1a file or TIFF with type on layer and fonts provided or in outline. The following guidelines should be followed when creating content for print advertising.
All high-resolution images of at least 300 dpi at 100% size must be included. Do not embed OPI information in files. Images are required to be SWOP compliant.
- CMYK or Grayscale only.
- Minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
- Screening set at 133 lpi.
- Do not nest EPS files within other EPS files.
- Save images in TIFF or EPS format.
- Only use Type 1 or TrueType fonts.
- Text containing thin lines, serifs, or small lettering should be restricted to one color. Embed all fonts.
- Surprinting/Overprinting: When type is intended to surprint/overprint, the background should be no heavier than 30% in any color and a total of no more than 90% in all four colors.
- See chart for reference.
- Full-page trim size is 8.25 x 10.875 inches.
- Back cover trim size is: 8.25 x 8.75 inches to allow for mailing label and is positioned at the bottom of the page.
Marks & Positioning
- Include standard Trim and Bleed marks beginning an eighth of an inch from Trim and stay within 1/2 (.5) an inch of ad size.
- File should be Right Reading, Portrait Mode, and sized at 100%, with no rotations applied.
- Safety for live area (type or illustrative material not intended to bleed off the page) is 3/8 (.375) of an inch on all sides minimum.Type crossing the gutter should be positioned 1/16” from center fold on each page to provide 1/8” total separation. Safety for live area is 3/8” from top and bottom and both sides.
- Bleed ads are 1/8-inch beyond the trim size or 8.5 x 11.125 inches that trims down to 8.25 x 10.875.
All Advertisements are subject to approval. E-mail a low-res PDF for print ads or a PNG for online ads to:
or fax to: 1-202-536-5409.
- Paper Stock is 60# gloss text
- Binding: magazine is saddle-stitched
- Reproduction quality is at the advertiser’s risk if publisher’s specifications are not met or if material is received after closing date, even if on extension.
- Queries concerning printed reproduction should be submitted within three weeks of issue date.
- Review back issues on our website. Order back issues here or contact our office for more information.