A Note from Dr. Robert Moynihan:
I would like to share with you some very exciting news. We have always wished to make our pilgrimages unique — so special that people would say they were “once-in-a-lifetime” experiences. Now we are sure we can provide that: our upcoming pilgrimages will enable pilgrims to stay inside the Vatican itself – in the very residence where the cardinals stay during a papal conclave.
This is a great honor and we are grateful to offer our pilgrims this unusual opportunity to stay inside the Vatican itself. We will stay in a residence that is not open to the general public. The front door of our residence is only a short distance – a two-minute walk – from the back entrance to St Peter’s Basilica, usually reserved for diplomats and bishops only.
All of our pilgrimages are planned to be quiet and prayerful. We want your journey with us to be a peaceful, enjoyable, and unforgettable experience, which both enriches your life and deepens your faith. Although we will visit many very special places, our journey is a pilgrimage, not a tour. The spiritual dimension, the search for a deeper understanding of God and of the history and life of the Church, is central. This is why the pace of our pilgrimages will be slow and peaceful, not rushed. There will be time to think and to pray.
Our March pilgrimage will be in Rome, in Vatican City where we will stay 4 nights inside the Vatican at the Domus Santa Martha. We will have privilege access that allows for easy entry to Vatican City during our stay.
Throughout these days, we will take time to pray and reflect on our own spiritual journeys as we see the places of the spiritual journeys of Benedict, Peter, Paul, and so many other saints of the Church. In a sense, we are in the footsteps of these saints, walking in the very places where they walked, and reading and reflecting on their words as we do so.
Please consider joining us on our pilgrimage. We may not meet personally with Pope Benedict XVI himself, but we will not be far from him, and we will certainly meet people around and inside the Vatican who work closely with him, and we will have a chance to talk to them. The journey promises to be a privileged time to watch, to listen, to see, and to grow. I look forward to meeting each one of you, and to traveling this path with you.
— Robert Moynihan
Founder and Editor of Inside the Vatican magazine
February 29-March 5, 2012: Vatican City
- Daily Mass celebrated in the Domus Santa Martha or in St Peter’s Basilica
- Private tour of St Peter’s Basilica and Sistine Chapel after hours
- Tour of Vatican Gardens
- Tour of the tomb of St Peter, the Scavi Tour
- All meals inside the Vatican
- Accommodations inside Vatican City, next to St. Peter’s Basilica
- $4,295.00 per person – land and air package ($1,000 air allowance)
- $3,295.00 per person – land only
- No additional fee for a single room
- Travel insurance is included with trip cancellation
- All tips are included
- All meals are included.
- Deposit of $500 by check made payable to Inside the Vatican magazine is required at the time of booking.
- Due to private access to sacred areas, we request all pilgrims provide a brief note of recommendation from their bishop or local parish priest.
- Number of pilgrims is limited for a peaceful and personal experience.
- This pilgrimage helps to support the monastery of the Domus Sanctae Marthae inside the Vatican, and Inside the Vatican magazine.
- We will make every effort to adhere to the printed program and itinerary. On rare occasions it may be necessary to adjust arrangements due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control (including such circumstances as the weather, airline schedule change, hotel requisitions, political disturbances, or transportation mechanical problems). Should such adjustment be necessary, substitution will be made to the best of our abilities.
- A map with the places we visit during our pilgrimages http://g.co/maps/5vnym
- For more information or to reserve your spot, email Pilgrimages@InsideTheVatican.com or call 202.657.4833